Thursday, February 21, 2013

Here come the birthdays!

February starts our month of birthdays.  I started making cakes when we lived up in Flagstaff.  I took a couple cake decorating classes at JoAnns and really liked it.  So, I have been making cakes ever since.  I enjoy making them, just don't enjoy cleaning up the mess it makes.
This cake was for Kristofer. He wanted an army scene, so this is what he got.

Brita loves coconut and so I made this for her birthday in 2012

This cake is actually a cake that was made for the Blue and Gold Banquet for 2012.  I set everything up and had to supervise James and Ethan decorating this masterpiece.  So much fun.  The sleeping bags are twinkies.

Ethan wanted an ice cream cake for his 10th birthday.  I never have made one before.  It turned out really well.

These are the cupcakes that I made for Hailey's class last year 2012. 

Kristofer wanted a strawberries and cream cake, so this is what I made.  It was a white cake with whipped cream icing and strawberries mixed in between the layers.  Very excellent.

Hailey and Randa wanted a lady bug cake.  We combined their birthday parties together and so I combined the lady bugs together.  It turned out really cute. 2012

So this was another cake made for the Blue and Gold Banquet cake contest.  The theme this year was Mexican Fiesta.  This is a bean burrito cake.  I think it turned out fantastic.  The guacamole was pistachio pudding.  The sour cream was whipping cream.  The refried beans were chocolate pudding with chocolate chips mixed in.  The Spanish rice was puffed rice covered in red colored melted marshmallows.  And the best...the cheese was orange colored coconut.  AWESOME!!!!  that is all I have to say.

This was Ethan's cake in 2012 I think.  The years are getting all scrambled in my head.

This is a wedding cake that I made for Brita's wedding.  She gave me a picture of what she wanted and I just copied it.  I think it turned out beautifully.

This was my first army themed cake.  I think back in 2010.

Randa wanted a mermaid cake.  Here it is!

Hailey had a pink day in Kindergarten. I decided to make her pink monster cupcakes just for fun.  They were a lot of work, but are so darn cute.

Ethan wanted a lego cake.  Here it is.

Kristofer wanted a hunting cake, but I couldn't find anything that had to do with hunting.  So, he got a safari cake instead.

Hailey had a surprise birthday party for her 5th birthday.  She had a princess party with her joy school class.  The problem was that she was the only girl in her joy school class.  Not much of a princess party.

I figured I might as well get a use out of the mold.  Here is another barbie cake for Randa.  I think she was turning 2 in this.

This was and has been my biggest birthday cake ever.  The castle was a lot of fun to make, but took a very...very...very long time.  With all of the flowers, frosting, baking, sugar, ....you get the picture.