Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My good friend Wendy Phelps gave me new inspiration to start blogging about our lives.  She uses her blog as a digital journal of some sorts.  I like that idea and have decided to do better about loading and journalling pictures I take for my family.  So, here are the pictures that I took for the 4th of July celebration we had this year.  We decided to do a staycation to Tucson, Arizona with our good friends, the Goods.  Hahaha! No pun intended.  We went to the Starr Pass Marriott for about three days.  It was a whole lot of fun for everyone.  The fireworks were great and the water park was equally fun.  When we asked the kids what they liked best, they said the fireworks.  We spent most of our time lounging around the lazy river and going down the water slide.  But the resort had fantastic activities for the kids on the lawn by the pool.  The kids got to play dunk ball, get their face painted, eat cotton candy (Ethan's favorite), watermelon eating contest (Hailey got 1st....go figure), and a duck hunt.  The resort hid 15ducks around the resort for the kids to find.  Kristofer, Randa, and Ethan all found ducks.  The prize was a $10 gift card to Target.  They had a blast.  It was even better sharing it with friends.  I would definitely do it again.  Fun, fun, fun!